WyseVet

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • WyseVet
    Participant
    • Total Post: 21
    • Regular Joe
    • ★★

    Update! In continued testing, possibly this issue is introduced by ThinOS 9.0.2081 that was removed from download. Both of my test units had been updated 8.6 then 9.0.1136 then 9.0.2081 THEN to 9.0.3030.

    In testing thru the update procedure by going back to 8.6 via USB image then going 9.0.1136 then 9.0.3030 with Citrix 2006.1130 i dont seem to see the issue. With ThinOS updates now being more of an OS update and dependent on the prveious files .. this would be possible vs 8.x firmware that was full replacement of the firmware. Will report back when i confirm. Anyone else testing with these versions?

    in reply to: wtos 8.0 on old v10l #25447
    WyseVet
    Participant
    • Total Post: 21
    • Regular Joe
    • ★★

    From experience, we have lots of V10s on 8.0.105 still running fine on a single Xenapp 6.5 session.

    However we had a few clients running a single RDP session to vmware that we tried to switch to Xendesktop 7 and they could tell a definite performance difference. Had to make those newer models.

    So Xenapp and RDP seems fine but Xendesktop seems to have heavier load on the client.

    in reply to: V10L not remembering Terminal name #15734
    WyseVet
    Participant
    • Total Post: 21
    • Regular Joe
    • ★★

    No we did not have that option enabled. On normal windows DHCP it did not do this, only in our branch offices where we use the router to hand out DHCP. This may have been fixed in a later firmware, the S10 is where we saw it , with around 6.1.x firmware , i dont remember the version exactly. The INI line may not be needed any more i have not tested, as they say : If it aint broke…

    in reply to: V10L not remembering Terminal name #15727
    WyseVet
    Participant
    • Total Post: 21
    • Regular Joe
    • ★★

    This sounds like a problem we had, we use DHCP from our Cisco routers. The units were taking their name from DHCP even though we didnt have it turned on. So Whatever name it first got its address as (via the router) it was then forced to that name. You could change it all day long but as soon as you reboot its back to the name it connected first as to DHCP.

    Fix is this line

    DHCPOptionsRemap=yes DisableOption12=yes

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)