Forum Replies Created
June 21, 2022 at 6:27 pm in reply to: Connecting 5070 with RDP to a Win10 virtual machine with 4 monitors #107683
What version of ThinOS?
You will want to use 9.1.6 2205 with AVD. 8.6 has a older RDP client.
Converting 5070 WES/Thin Linux/Ubuntu devices to ThinOS you will need the following:
June 21, 2022 at 6:05 pm in reply to: W10 IoT migrate between WMS 1.3 to 3.7 automatically #107680
- USB tool 3.5
- Download the 5070 2205 merlin image
- Now, here is where you have to pay to play. ThinOS is looking for a BIOS security key, so you have to edit the commmandxml.xml file and search for FFFFFFFF and change it to 00000000.
- Yes, this worked in the past. What’s new is you have to buy a ThinOS Activation License to use ThinOS.
- After you flash the device, and it registers into WMS, it will ask for activation, no ThinOS Activation license no access.
- Also if you have a device without PCoIP, this is how you can now get PCoIP functions.
A reboot will trigger a discovery. If you reboot, will your device register? Also, UWF is enabled?
Why not move to the supported platform Wyse Management Suite?May 4, 2022 at 1:45 am in reply to: Can we connect Wyse ThinOS to both Citrix ICA and PCOIP sessions #107580
I don’t think this is possible, you can only define a single broker.
You will need to ask your Dell Account Executive for an NDA roadmap…
Post your INI file, when using a USB printer, generally, you will pass through USB and not define it as LPD.
Remove all Firmware settings from your production policies, i.e. Default Policy group. I recommend only performing updates in the designated Update Policy.
Which protocol are you using?
You can enable VNC service in the Cloud Console, however you will only be able to access devices within the same routed network, in other words if the device is outside the firewall, i.e. at home you will not be able to VNC.May 2, 2022 at 11:14 pm in reply to: RD Gateway information from WMS not populating on RDP shortcut in ThinOS 9.1 #107573
What Broker do you have selected? With the 2 RDP connections defined, use None in the Broker selection.
I would upgrade incrementally to version 3.3 and then upgrade to 3.6. Remember to backup or take snapshots before any upgrades.
Reading the information posted, N-2 is Current and then back 2 versions; 188.8.131.52, 14.607 Feb 2022 and 184.108.40.206, 14.629 Dec 2021. I would try to upgrade to Dell Wyse Device Agent version 220.127.116.11 for Windows 10 IoT Enterprise first and then Current.May 2, 2022 at 10:47 pm in reply to: 1513561419_upload_error when trying to add image to repo #107570
Correct, the 8.6 to 9.x is a ThinOS 8.6 image.