9.1 ThinOS horizon client and workspace one mode

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sixlip
    Participant
    • Total Post: 6

Hi,

Havent seen many posts around the use of workspace one mode with the horizon client just have some odd behavior on my end and was wondering if I have misconfigured something.

I am testing thinOS 3040 on 9.1 using horizon with workspace one mode enabled. I can login to ws1 fine, and it seems to almost always prompt with the login screen instead of the horizon client which is great however when launching an asset, it throws the “you need to have the horizon client installed to run this” and gives me a url with an install link, I can ignore this and click the asset again and it will load as expected into horizon using the client.

I have noticed that even when running ws1 mode the horizon client login is still in the back (behind the window for the ws1 screen) however displays the error “your environment is configured for authentication from another source” (this seems correct as it is configured to go to ws1)  when I launch an asset this login screen for horizon will disappear, and an icon appears in the task bar for horizon, but it doesn’t connect through. It seems to require the second launch of the asset to actually connect through the client to the VDI/published app.

taking a look at horizon logs shows the first click logs me into the connection server and horizon REST API, the second logs me into the connection server again but then has the asset request and allocation of resources, no API call.

To note if i close this asset and launch another it also just connects on the first attempt and looking at the horizon logs confirms that there are no REST API requests, just the asset request and resource allocation.

this behavior is only noted on the thin clients running 9.1, Windows and mac devices do not display this.

So is there a setting I am missing somewhere that will stop the double prompt after user login? or perhaps is there something corrupted on the thin client? I have reinstalled the horizon client a few times and removed other packages but the behavior persists, any advice would be welcome.

ConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Total Post: 10696
    • Jedi Master
    • ★★★★★★★

Could you test if there is a difference between Classic and Modern desktop layout in ThinOS?

CG

Sixlip
    Participant
    • Total Post: 6

The behavior is the same across both Classic and Modern layout, no difference whatsoever

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.