5010 with 8.6_807

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    t_ore
    Participant
    • Total Post: 2

Hi

I have flashed 8.6_807 to some of our 5010. Since then they are not reading the ini Files from the FTP server and I am not able to make a factory reset.

I have also tried to use the USB stick to flash a older version, but there is a grafics issue.

Anyone an idea what to do?

Thomas

k11no
    Participant
    • Total Post: 15
    • Regular Joe
    • ★★

Hey!

What does the File Servers/Path-setting say after upgrading til _807?

From fw _606 Dell stopped “supporting” FTP and inserted HTTPS in the File Servers/Path link by default.

If you have configured File Servers/Path to be “dns-name.fqdn”, after upgrading fw it would say “H TTPS://dns-name.fqdn”.

If this is the case, you can solve this by either setting up a HTTPS-service, or put FTP:// in the link. The link in the config should then be “F TP://dns-alias.fqdn”.

(had some trouble posting links in this reply, so had to write H TTP and F TP instead of HTTP and FTP…)

t_ore
    Participant
    • Total Post: 2

Hi

I expected something like this.

The  DHCP option 161 is set to ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Is there a documentation how to setup a https://

Regards

Thomas

GroOll
    Participant
    • Total Post: 23
    • Regular Joe
    • ★★

I do that with “Apache” on my ftp server.

It’s a little difficult, especialy with the certificat for ssl.

Look something like that : https://www.sitepoint.com/how-to-install-apache-on-windows/

I change the “Web Page Root” (step 4) to the ftp root directory (D:\FTP on my server).

For now, I stay on ThinOS 8.6_511 !

I think my old R10 with ThinOS 8.3 will not understand “ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx” instead of just “xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx”. ^^

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.