3040 registers in WMS but can’t do anything

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TomB
    Participant
    • Total Post: 3

I have setup a public facing WMS server which has a proper SSL cert, port 443 and 1883 TCP are open.

With DNS and DHCP options, the device registers in WMS but its compliance status remains grey and I can’t send any commands, request audits, VNC etc.

Am I missing something?

ConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Total Post: 10696
    • Jedi Master
    • ★★★★★★★

This sounds like a port issue with MQQT 1883.

CG

TomB
    Participant
    • Total Post: 3

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the firewalls and everything looks fine port wise but we did find that the thin client was trying to connect to the local hostname of the server rather than the public  name (wms.domain.com). We added a static host entry to point the local hostname to the public IP and it connected.

Question is – how do we stop it doing this? We don’t really want to add host names to all the thin clients. I didn’t see anything during the setup for this.

ConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Total Post: 10696
    • Jedi Master
    • ★★★★★★★

WMS Pro or Standard?

CG

VNad
    Participant
    • Total Post: 35
    • Frequent Flyer
    • ★★★

Hi,

if you are using PRO, you can set/change the hostname, returned by the server during checkin, on the “Portal Administration” page.

If you are using the free Standard version, this option is not available. In this case you could reinstall WMS while the server has the desired name and change the servername afterwards…

Regards

Volker

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.