3040 PCOIP package install fails with 8.6 install

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    phdonnelly
    Participant
    • Total Post: 4

Hi All,

Just installed the latest 8.6 build on a few test devices and I’m getting an error after boot where the pcoip pkg wont install correctly. I’ll post a pick of the event log but I get a message that says: pcoip/lib/vchan_plugins/libviewMMDevRedir.so: expand uncompress error -3, followed by PKG: fail to extract pcoip.i386.pkg.

When I check the installed packages, only base is installed, and as one would expect, attempting to use any pcoip connections fail with “Exec “/pcoip/pcoip”: No such file or directory”.

Every time the device reboots it tries to re-install the package and fails with the same message. We’re upgrading from 8.5_017 via WMS 1.3; reverting back to 8.5 allows the pcoip package to be installed. We’re not installing any other packages. FYI We’re using the PA10Q_wnos from the download section on this site for the upgrade because the dell website only lists the merlin package for download. My next step is to try flashing that using the wyse USB imaging tool, but I wanted to see if anyone else was having this issue first as we’d like to avoid having to touch every machine.

phdonnelly
    Participant

Pic of event log:

View post on imgur.com

phdonnelly
    Participant

The USB firmware did work. However I noticed the date of the PA10Q_wnos file on the site was updated yesterday so I re-downloaded it. The sha1sum is different so I assume it’s been updated and the new wnos file works as expected.

Should we wait until the wnos file is officially released from dell before pushing this out, or is this one safe to use?

ConfGen
    Keymaster
    • Total Post: 10696
    • Jedi Master
    • ★★★★★★★

The one uploaded here is safe to use. It is the original one.

CG

phdonnelly
    Participant

OK great thanks; I compared the two files and it looks like the one I downloaded earlier is smaller than the current one, so possibly it was just a corrupted/bad download causing the whole problem in the first place.

Thanks again

-Patrick

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.