- Total Post: 53
- Back Stage Pass
You can now convert Dell Wyse 5070, 5470, and 5470 All-In-One Thin Clients and OptiPlex 3000 Thin Clients Windows 10 IoT to ThinOS 2306 (9.4.2103) using the Conversion Installer and ThinOS Image file.
https://dl.dell.com/FOLDER10258194M/1/ThinOS_2306_9.4.2103_WinIoT_Conversion.zip is intended for customers who want to convert Windows 10 IoT to ThinOS 2306 (9.4.2103)
Convert Windows 10 IoT to ThinOS 2306
Supported platforms: Dell Wyse 5070, 5470 and 5470 All-In-One Thin Clients, OptiPlex 3000 Thin Client.
1. Ensure that WDA 14.6.9.x or later versions are installed on your Windows 10 IOT device. Ensure you run Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC-MR2 on Dell Wyse 5070, 5470, and 5470 All-In-One Thin Clients and Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021 on OptiPlex 3000 Thin Client.
2. Wyse Management Suite version 4.1 or later versions must be used to convert to ThinOS
3. Ensure you have connected the device to the external power source using the power adapter.
4. Ensure you have enough ThinOS Activation devices licenses on Wyse Management Suite 4.1 or later versions.
5. Create a group in Wyse Management Suite with a group token or create/edit your default group ThinOS 9.x Policy
6. The ThinOS Activation devices license number of Wyse Management Suite must be larger than the Windows 10 IoT device number. If it is not larger, you cannot create the Advanced Policy for conversion.
7. The Windows 10 IoT devices must be registered to Wyse Management Suite.
8. Ensure you have downloaded the Windows 10 IoT to ThinOS conversion image.
9. Extract the Windows 10 IoT to ThinOS conversion image to get the Conversion Installer file.
ThinOS_Conversion_Tool.exe and ThinOS image ThinOS_YYMM_9.x.pkg.
NOTE: The ThinOS image ThinOS_YYMM_9.x.pkg can be used for downgrade in the future.
1. Copy the conversion Installer file “ThinOS_Conversion_Tool.exe” to the Wyse Management Suite 4.1 or later version server repository (Repository Location\repository\thinClientApps).
2. On the Wyse Management Suite page, go to Portal Administration > File Repository, select the repository, and click Sync Files. Wait for the synchronization to complete.
3. Go to Apps & Data > OS Image Repository > ThinOS 9.x, and click Add Firmware file.
4. Upload the ThinOS image ThinOS_YYMM_9.x.pkg.
5. Go to Apps & Data > App Policies > Thin Client, and click Add Advanced Policy.
6. Enter the policy name, select the group in which the Windows 10 IoT device has been registered, and select WinIoT as OS type. Check Show conversion packages.
7. Click Add app, and select the conversion installer file that was uploaded before from the drop-down menu.
8. Click Add app again, and select the ThinOS image file that was uploaded before from the drop-down menu.
9. Click Save.
NOTE: Ensure that the Apply Policy Automatically option is set to Do not apply automatically.
10. In the next window, click Yes to schedule a job.
11. Select Immediately in the Run drop-down menu in the App Policy Job window and click Preview.
12. Click Schedule.
For more information, see the Dell ThinOS 2306 and 2303 Migration Guide at http://www.dell.com/support.