- Total Post: 270
- Jacked into The Matrix
This is our environment : Wyse 5070 / ThinOS 8, connecting to W10 and W2019 RDSH servers in bare-bone RDP mode.
They are virtual machines and we don’t even have hardware encoding, which is not a problem unless you’re using CAD software and/or using a server w/ many concurrent users (i.e. CPU bottleneck).
It should work quite well. But don’t expect good quality in full screen mode on a , say, 27″ / 2560*1440 screen.
Your first action is to check the network bandwidth between the Wyse and the workstation and if UDP is enabled (reported is the top blue bar of the Remote Desktop Windows in full screen).
If you have a good bandwidth (100Mb/s topology or more) then you can play with the GPO RDP entries to minimize various “compressions” and “quality” entries.
Our settings :
- RDP Compression algorithm : Optimized to use less memory.
- Configure H264/AVC… : Disabled.
- Configure Image quality for RemoteFX : low
- Configure RemoteFX Adaptative Graphics : Optimize for server scalability.
- Priotirize H264… : Disabled.
- Audio Quality : high.