June 21, 2022 at 6:21 pm #107681
- Total Post: 314
- Jacked into The Matrix
Converting 5070 WES/Thin Linux/Ubuntu devices to ThinOS you will need the following:
- USB tool 3.5
- Download the 5070 2205 merlin image
- Now, here is where you have to pay to play. ThinOS is looking for a BIOS security key, so you have to edit the commmandxml.xml file and search for FFFFFFFF and change it to 00000000.
- Yes, this worked in the past. What’s new is you have to buy a ThinOS Activation License to use ThinOS.
- After you flash the device, and it registers into WMS, it will ask for activation, no ThinOS Activation license no access.
- Also if you have a device without PCoIP, this is how you can now get PCoIP functions.