The Wyse Management Suite update will be released as follows:
- Customers using the on-prem version can download the WMS 3.5 update here on November 19th, 2021.
- The US1 public cloud update will begin on Friday, November 19th, at 7:00 pm PDT.
- Customers using Wyse Management Suite Pro Cloud with US1 subscriptions should expect downtime of about 8 hours, until 3:00 AM PDT, November 20th
During this time, the portal will be unavailable and users will be redirected to a maintenance page. There may also be brief periods when the maintenance page is unreachable. However, this will not affect the Thin Clients’ ability to connect to their computing environments.
What’s New in WMS 3.5
This release will provide performance improvements, bug fixing, and new features. A few key features are listed below:
- DHC Package with Vendor EULA Support – DHC packages now will contain vendor EULA
- Manage Wyse software thin client using WMS Thin Client License – NewStandalone Wyse Converter for PC licenses will now be discontinued and will instead be managed with WMS pro licenses
- Existing customers will need to buy WMS pro licenses after their current licenses expire
- DHC support repo fall back – DHC will now support repositories in the cloud as an alternative download option
- User Template Role – Users can now create role templates to avoid repetitive actions during user creation process
- QFE and Installed App Report – QFE level for each device in WMS to be available in “All Devices” reports
- WMS 3.5 Installer Changes – Improved WMS Installer with updated WMS Login credentials rules and the WMS Service account
- Secure DNS and DHCP Discovery –Admin can now generate Secure WMS URL and Secure WMS Group Token for the Thin Clients to discover to WMS
- This secure discovery method is only supported in DCA, DCA Enabler and WES-WDA
- Enhanced WMS API – Phase 2 API with even more enhanced capabilities to plug in to 3rd party platforms