Dell announced the release of ThinOS 9.1 build 9.1.4234. “The world’s most secure thin client operating system” keeps getting better!
Important Information- Do not power off your thin client until the installation is complete.
– If you are using earlier versions of ThinOS 8.6, you must first upgrade to ThinOS 8.6_807 and apply the latest BIOS updates before upgrading to ThinOS 9.1.4234. If you are using ThinOS 9.0, or any version of ThinOS 9.1 that is older than 9.1.3129, you must first upgrade to ThinOS 9.1.3129 before upgrading to ThinOS 9.1.4234.
For more information, see the Dell Wyse ThinOS Version 9.1.4234 Migration Guide at www.dell.com/support.
– If you are downgrading ThinOS 9.1.4234 to ThinOS 8.6, ThinOS 9.0, or ThinOS 9.1 versions that are older than 9.1.3129, you must use the Dell Wyse USB Imaging Tool to install the ThinOS 8.x or 9.x Merlin image that is posted to www.dell.com/support.
– Before you downgrade, ensure that you disable the secure boot option. If you want to downgrade to ThinOS 9.0, you must also clear Trusted Platform Module (TPM) or Platform Trust Technology (PTT) in BIOS. Else, ThinOS resets to factory settings after each reboot. You can downgrade from ThinOS 9.1.4234 to ThinOS 9.1.3129 using Wyse Management Suite.
– You cannot boot into ThinOS 9.1.4234 when you perform any of the following operations in BIOS setup:
Disable the on-board Network Interface Card (NIC), Trusted Platform Module (TPM), or Platform Trust Technology (PTT).
Clear TPM or PTT.
Reset BIOS to factory default settings
– You cannot install ThinOS 9.0 application packages on ThinOS 9.1 due to certificate change.
For more information, see the Important notes section in the latest Dell Wyse ThinOS 9.1.4234 Release Notes at www.dell.com/support.
Client Images and Documentation:
- Dell ThinOS image downloads – Go to dell.com/support and select the relevant thin client model.
- Dell ThinOS build 9.1.4234 Administrator’s Guide
- Dell ThinOS build 9.1.4234 Migration Guide
- Dell ThinOS build 9.1.4234 Release Notes
- ThinOS 9.1.3129 to ThinOS 9.1.4234—DTOS_9.1.4234.pkg.
ThinOS 8.6_807 to ThinOS 9.1 conversion builds:
- A10Q_wnos—Wyse 3040 Thin Client
- PA10Q_wnos—Wyse 3040 Thin Client with PCoIP
- X10_wnos—Wyse 5070 Thin Client, Wyse 5470 Thin Client, and Wyse 5470 All-in-One Thin Client
- PX10_wnos—Wyse 5070 Thin Client with PCoIP, Wyse 5470 Thin Client with PCoIP, and Wyse 5470 All-in-One Thin
Client with PCoIP
- ThinOS application package details
- Cisco_WebEx_VDI_126.96.36.19987_1.pkg (formerly called Cisco WebEx Teams)