A new version of Wyse Management Suite (WMS) will be available soon: WMS 4.0
· Customers using the on-prem version can download the WMS 4.0 update here on December 16th, 2022.
· Customers using the US1 public cloud version will receive the WMS 4.0 update automatically, beginning Saturday, December 17th, at 7:00 pm PDT.
- Subscribers should expect downtime of about 8 hours, until December 18th, 3:00 AM PDT. During this time, the portal will be unavailable and users will be redirected to a maintenance page.
- There may also be brief periods when the maintenance page is unreachable. However, this will not affect the thin clients’ ability to connect to their computing environments.
What’s New in WMS 4.0
This release includes performance improvements, bug fixes, and the following key features:
- Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD) – Ability to configure AVD from WMS for Windows Embedded Standard (WES) devices
- WES to ThinOS Conversion – Ability to convert WES devices to ThinOS devices
- Repository Enhancements – Option for a preferred repository for WES devices
- Dynamic Concurrent Downloads – Support for dynamic max concurrent downloads based on system configuration
- Support for Multiple Groups – Ability to select multiple groups while creating advanced policies
- Support to Restart Jobs for Offline Devices – Option to exclude offline devices while scheduling App or Image Policy and the ability to track and restart jobs
- Operator and Tenant Cloud Support for WES Packages – Support uploading WES packages in Operator and Tenant Cloud
- Reporting Enhancements –
- Devices report enhancement to filter device-level configuration/exceptions
- Generate reports based on devices with missing QFE updates