Dell has announced Wyse Management Suite 3.7.
The Wyse Management Suite update will be released as follows:
- Customers using the on-prem version can download the WMS 3.7 update here on May 23, 2022.
- The US1 public cloud update will begin on Friday, May 20, 2022, at 7:00 pm PDT.
- Customers using Wyse Management Suite Pro Cloud with US1 subscriptions should expect downtime of about 8 hours, until 3:00 am PDT, May 21, 2022.
- During this time, the portal will be unavailable and users will be redirected to a maintenance page. There may also be brief periods when the maintenance page is unreachable. However, this will not affect the thin clients’ ability to connect to their computing environments.
What’s New in WMS 3.7
This release will provide performance improvements, bug fixes, and new features. Here’s a summary:
- Ubuntu to ThinOS conversion – Enabled the conversion of Dell commercial generic client device with full Ubuntu to ThinOS
- ThinOS Customer Activation License – New section for ThinOS license added under License Usage for WMS Cloud and On-Prem version
- Improved ThinOS Package Deployment GUI – ThinOS applications grouped and listed per vendor in WMS
- BIOS settings support for OptiPlex 3000 Thin Client (Windows 10 IoT Embedded) – Added WMS support to configure the BIOS settings of Windows 10 IoT Embedded Dell OptiPlex 3000 Thin Client devices
- Installed certificate list for Dell Hybrid Client devices – Installed certificate list on DHC thin clients can now be seen under System Info tab > Operating System Details
- Improvements in export/import experience of WMS license, including ThinOS license
- Improvements for file storage experience on WMS Cloud
- Added Japanese and Simplified Chinese as Windows OS supported language
As a reminder, Dell will also be migrating the WMS Cloud instance to Azure so please use new IPs addresses