Wow, another launch of a cool product. This time it is the new release of Dell Hybrid Client 1.1.
What is Dell Hybrid Client (DHC)
Dell Hybrid Client 1.1 was released to web and is available to download from here, since December 8th, 2020.
DHC is the world’s first client computing software with hybrid cloud management enabling seamless access to applications and data whether they are in the cloud, in the data center, or locally in a ready to deploy, flexible commercial desktop solution.*
This is a commercial client solution with OptiPlex 7070 Ultra or Wyse 5070 configured with 1- or 3-year subscription to Dell Hybrid Client, including Wyse Management Suite Pro license and ProSupport for Software.
DHC is an ideal commercial client solution for customers interested in a non-Windows alternative with out-of-the box support for Cloud, VDI, on-premise and local resources.
*Based on Dell analysis of Dell Hybrid Client software preinstalled on Dell OptiPlex 7070 Ultra or Wyse 5070 clients with Wyse Management Suite Pro Dell Hybrid Client license v. comparative solutions, July 2020. Dell Legal AD# G20000253
DHC 1.1 New Features:
- Conversion Kits:
- Available for Wyse 5070 with TL 2.x, ThinOS 8.x, and WIE10. Special conditions apply for Wyse 5070 customers with an existing WMS Pro for Thin Client license. A separate image will be available for customers with 16GB eMMC configurations.
- Available for OptiPlex 7070 Ultra with W10 and Ubuntu 18.04.
- 3rd party application deployment: DHC 1.1 provides the option to deploy either Dell Signed, Custom Signed, or Unsigned Local Linux applications from WMS.
- Remote Shadow: DHC 1.1 provides remote shadowing options (SSH/VNC), configurable from WMS. Note that this feature is not included with the base image, it’s provided as an add-on that can be downloaded from Dell Support page.
- Local Unified Communications: DHC 1.1 includes the local Linux Zoom client out of the box (except for 16GB eMMC image).
- Browser connections: DHC 1.1 includes additional customization for browser connections such as support for Icon and Windows size customization, autologin, and auto-reconnect options from WMS.
- Custom Connections: DHC 1.1 provides the option to configure Custom Connections for local applications with a command line from WMS. Note that this feature is not included with the base image, it’s provided as an add-on that can be downloaded from Dell Support page.
- Desktop Customization: DHC 1.1 includes the ability to hide/unhide applications icons included with the base image from WMS.
- Guest Account Enhancements: DHC 1.1 includes the ability to configure auto-login, disable power button actions, disable lock ensuring device sleeps after a specified time and not required password when waking device for Guest account from WMS.
- Language Support: DHC 1.1 expands language support to include Italian, French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese.
- VDI Clients: DHC 1.1 updated CWA to 2010 and VMware Horizon to 2006.