I am excited to announce that the new Wyse Management Suite 3.1 is about to be released soon.
The public cloud update for customers with US1 subscription, will begin on Friday, December 4th, at 7:00 pm PT and is expected to last 8 hours.
Customers using Wyse Management Suite Pro Cloud with EU1 subscriptions should expect it to be unavailable for 8 hours on Saturday, December 11th, 2020 from 4:00 am to 12:00 pm CET.
During this time, the portal will be unavailable and users will be redirected to a maintenance page. There may also be brief periods when the maintenance page is unreachable. However, this will not affect the Thin Clients’ ability to connect to their computing environments.
Customers using the on-prem version, can download the WMS 3.1 version here from December 4th, 2020.
What’s new in WMS 3.1
This release will provide performance improvements, bug fixing, and new features. We are also adding the capability to manage Dell Hybrid Client 1.1 and ThinOS 9.1.
- Management for the new ThinOS 9.1 features
- DHC add-on SKUs for customers to upgrade existing 5070 and Optiplex 7070 Ultra
- Support for WIE10 IOT RS5
- Bulk Import
- Silent Deployment for Packages
- Increase Granularity for Admin Roles
- Display Parameters Reporting
- WMS Reporting of all NICs
- Proxy Support – SOCKS5
- Bulk Import – This feature is enabled on ThinOS 9.x versions. Global Admin can import bulk device exceptions for ThinOS 9.x registered in a different group. All the configurations imported via bulk device exceptions will be set as a device-level exception and it will override the existing configurations.
- Silent Deployment for Packages – This feature is enabled on ThinLinux 2.x, WIE10 IOT RS5, and DHC 1.X. The silent deployment feature allows the deployment of packages without giving any confirmation/pop-ups to the end-user.
- Increase granularity for admin roles – This feature is enabled on ThinLinux 2.x, WIE10 IOT RS5, DHC 1.X, and ThinOS 9.x. WMS is a role-based management solution, on this version we increased the customization of admin roles.
- Display Parameters Reporting – This feature is enabled on ThinLinux 2.x, and WIE10 IOT RS5. Display reports that include: Model, Serial No., Resolution, Aspect Ratio, Rotation, Mode, and Alignment.
- WMS Reporting of all NICs – This feature is enabled on ThinLinux 2.x, and WIE10 IOT RS5. NIC Parameters reports that include: Adapter Name, MAC Address, IP Address, IPV6 Address, Gateway IP Address, and DNS Server.
- Proxy Support for SOCKS5 – This feature is enabled on ThinLinux 2.x, WIE10 IOT RS5, DHC 1.X, and ThinOS 9.X. As part of WMS 3.1 Remote Repositories WMS will support SOCKS5 Proxy for all HTTP & MQTT communications.
- Scripting support for Advanced App policy – This feature is enabled on ThinLinux 2.x. Bash script support .sh(bash), with command-line argument support to Advanced App Policies for ThinLinux. Script Type supported: .sh(bash), .py(python) and .pl(pearl).